It’s the week after Easter, and despite the lockdown, we are still celebrating. One of my favourite resurrection stories is Jesus meeting Clopas and his wife as they despondently make their way home to Emmaus following Jesus’ death. They have heard rumours that Jesus may be alive, but can’t bring themselves to hope that it might be true, to believe…
We often make Rocky Road, but shopping is a little tricky at the moment with us all self-isolating. A friend however, left us a baking ‘care package’ with what seemed like some rather random ingredients, the rest is history.
- 225g biscuits (rich tea/digestives)
- 125g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g white chocolate
- 50g mini marshmallows
- A scattering of golden crunch cake sprinkles
- Chocolate stars
- Grease a tray with a little butter.
- Place the biscuits in a bowl and using a wooden spoon break them into different sized pieces.
- Melt the butter with the golden syrup, and add biscuits.
- Break up the chocolate and add to the pan, stirring until the chocolate is melted.
- Add a good sprinkling of golden things and mix until everything is combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tray and level.
- Decorate with the chocolate stars and pop into the fridge to set.